Career vacancy: Pre-Contracts Manager
Health Spaces are looking for a Pre-Contracts Manager to join their growing team.
Do you have what it takes to be one of the Health Spaces team?
We are looking for people who challenge themselves, to set goals, and go above and beyond what is strictly required of them in their role to achieve these.
Our people passionately strive for excellence which you will see in their careful attention to detail. We are inquisitive and we like to understand, not just for the sake of more knowledge but to fuel our innovation in new products, services, and solutions for our customers. We call this resourcefulness, and a sense that perfection is only just good enough.
We believe that for you to enjoy success in your work, you must apply energy and focus to the tasks you have to do every day. We like to give you the opportunity to stretch yourself beyond your natural ‘comfort zone’ in the knowledge that you will be guided by your inner principles to do the right thing by the business, your colleagues, and our customers.
These core values are at the heart of what we do and are easier to feel than to talk about. Show us these and we will enjoy having you on the team at Health Spaces!
What do we do?
Health Spaces has been developed to offer clinical accommodation and treatment spaces which meet the exacting requirements of infection control and patient/staff flow.
What are we looking for in this position?
The Pre-Contracts Manager will work closely with our clients through the pre-construction phase of a project, coordinating internal and external resources to ensure the best outcomes for the client.
- Work alongside Client Relations colleagues to understand the client’s requirement.
- Attend site visits as necessary.
- Prepare proposals and tender responses that address the client’s requirement in a way that is competitive and unique.
- Build and develop the Pre-Contracts team and strategy in line with the overall business strategy.
- Lead clients and coordinate resources through PCSA projects to ensure client’s expectations are exceeded.
- Ensure our proposals are fully compliant with HBN & HTM standards.
- Maintain highest standards of accuracy and attention to detail in costing to ensure we are providing both competitive and deliverable schemes.
- Work with Commercial Director to ensure contractual risk is limited.
What will you need to have and do?
- Demonstrable experience and achievements in a Pre-Contracts role.
- Positive growth mindset – enjoys a challenge and a fast paced environment.
- Ability to manage and resource a varied and sometimes demanding workload.
- Ability to build and motivate a team.
- Competent use of Microsoft Office Programmes (proficient use of Excel and Project).
- Knowledge of market rates to benchmark costs.
- Build professional and cost-effective supply partnerships.
- Previous experience with Healthcare and NHS projects.
- Practical and knowledgeable on modern modular construction methods.
- Confident in having face to face meetings with clients and sub-contractors.
- Good knowledge and awareness of JCT & NEC contracts and relevant contract & construction law
- Experience in supply chain negotiation.
- Commercially agile and has ability to view challenge as opportunity.
- Always represent our Core Values: Excellence, Resourceful, Innovation, Understanding and Integrity.
- Confidence in communicating with stakeholders at all levels within an organisation, both in writing, on the telephone and in person.
- Commitment to achieving results.
- Demonstrable experience in building and developing a pipeline of opportunities.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
What will you get?
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Commitment to your personal & professional development
- Contributory pension
Most of all you will be a part of the Health Spaces family, who are a team of motivated and inspiring individuals wanting to play their part in changing the industry and making a difference.
Ready to apply?
Does this role sound like you? Are you the driven, resourceful type who goes above and beyond to get results? Then apply today!